during the rolling process, due to high pressure, the rollers will bow slightly, which results in the sheets being thinner on the edges and the middle of the sheet reamins the same. The tolerances in the table shows current manufacturing practices and commercial standards. details are listed as follows:
As we all know stainless steel sheet, the thinner the sheet is, the easerier it can be bent, but when it comes to the thick sheet, you may find it is difficult to bent, while the bent arc is getting bigger, it affect the outlook of the finished products, espeially for the places require unique anx exquite outlook.
Now here is the solution, by using sheet v grooving this method, the sheet can remain the stength while solve the problem of big arc that caused by big thickness，and the most important thing is you can fabricate the sheet into the shape as you like, fit for glass doors, bathroom trims, guide rails.
If you have a design, please send your drawing to us, we will assist you in fabricating with free sample. Precise, quality guranteed, and fast delivery.
Here we are talking about to cut a thin cold colled stainless steel sheet hand tools, we recommed the product from BOSCH GNA3.5MM, it has good performance, durable and stable. and also we suggest a brand in China, they make hand cutting tools too, the price is much more better, while quality is not bad, free for you to choose. they are just for some small project, if you have complicated designs, or lots of quantities, we suggest you using our service, simple and efficient.
This is a easy question, what you need is just a electric drill with High-cobalt drill and carbide drills can drill stainless steel.
Carbide drill: A drill used in core drilling. The steel cylindrical bit body is named for its carbide-cut carbide tool with tungsten carbide. The shape of the cemented carbide cutting tool and the number of its welding on the drill bit, the arrangement and the welding angle are called the bottom edge, the inner edge and the outer edge to ensure the gap between the water and the powder. The upper part of the bit body is a threaded connection core tube, the side of the bit body is provided with a water tank, and the bottom lip surface is also provided with a water nozzle. Both the sink and the nozzle ensure the circulation of the rinsing liquid, and the function of removing the rock powder and cooling the drill bit is achieved. In order to increase the clearance when drilling into the clay layer and the shale formation, the ribs are welded to the inner and outer sidewalls of the hard alloy drill bit, which is called a rib type drill. A needle-shaped carbide self-grinding drill can be used for a hard layer having high abrasiveness. Generally, hard alloy drill bits are drilled into rock formations of grade II-VII; needle-shaped carbide drills can be drilled into VI-VIII grade rock.
Stainless steel is characterized by high toughness and easy sticking. Therefore, the hardness of the drill bit is required to be high, the surface finish is good, and the apex angle of the drill bit is larger than that of the ordinary drill bit (between 130 and 135 degrees). At the same time, cooling should be sufficient. And the amount of feed is greater than 0.15mm to avoid cutting as much as possible in the cold hardened layer. The cutting speed is as low as possible to reduce the cutting temperature. The cutting fluid uses a concentrated emulsion. Commonly used stainless steel drill bits are: High cobalt drill bit (m35 drill bit, m42 drill bit), of which m42 drill bit is the best price/performance ratio. Carbide drills are also available, but at a higher price.
First, the stainless steel plate is bent and its characteristics:
1) Because the thermal conductivity is worse than ordinary low carbon steel, the elongation is low, resulting in a large deformation force;
2) 321 stainless steel sheet has a strong tendency to rebound compared with carbon steel during bending;
3) The stainless steel plate has a lower elongation than the carbon steel, and the bending angle R of the workpiece is larger than that of the carbon steel when bending, otherwise there is a possibility of cracking;
4) Due to the high hardness of SUS304 stainless steel plate, the cold work hardening effect is remarkable. Therefore, when selecting the bending tool, the tool steel with heat treatment hardness should be more than 60HRC, and the surface roughness should be one order of magnitude higher than that of carbon steel.
Second, measures and methods for stainless steel bending:
1. Under the unit size, the thicker the sheet, the greater the bending force required, and the margin of bending force should be larger when the bending equipment is selected as the thickness increases;
2. Under the unit size, the greater the tensile strength, the smaller the elongation, the greater the bending force required, and the larger the bending angle should be;
3. In the case of designing the thickness of the plate and the bending radius, according to experience, the unfolding size of a curved workpiece is the right angle and the two plate thicknesses are added and subtracted, which can fully meet the design accuracy requirements, and the expansion amount can be calculated according to the empirical formula. Simplify the calculation process and greatly improve production efficiency;
4. The greater the yield strength of the material, the greater the elastic recovery. In order to obtain the angle of 90 degrees of the bending member, the angle of the required pressing knife should be designed to be smaller. Compared with the same thickness of carbon steel, the stainless steel has a large bending angle. This point should pay special attention to the occurrence of crushing cracks and affect the strength of the workpiece.
Stainless steel has been widely used due to its high corrosion resistance and decorative properties, especially in medical appliances, food industry appliances, tableware, kitchen utensils, etc. Stainless steel appliances should be corrosion-resistant, bright and clean, and the surface of the appliance should not be attached with substances that are toxic to the human body. Therefore, the requirement for the surface treatment of such tools is to completely remove the harmful substances on the surface.
The materials required for stainless steel polishing generally include: "polishing wax, hemp wheel, nylon wheel, cloth wheel, wind wheel, wire cloth wheel" and so on.
Surface finish is an important element in any specification of stainless steel regardless of the intended use. For those applications where appearance is important, finish is a design element and must be specified. Like polished mirror or brushed no.4 / hairline finish. Of course, relevent tools will be needed to assist in finishing.